- neglecting to create regular back ups of computer files
- memory getting full
- careless and reckless dragging and dropping into the trash bin
- one thrilling yet devastating “Empty Trash” command
The result? I accidentally deleted all of the image files and templates that I use for creating my blog posts. My post templates, my histories, my brand images, my purchased and freebie downloaded blogging information… all of it, gone!
The blog itself is still running because the actual blog post files are all on the server – whew! And I was able to find a few old post images on an external hard drive that I had begun to use for backups, but had not gotten that completed.
So creating new blog posts? Well, that’s gonna take a bit of recreating my templates and images. I made the image above by gerry-rigging something from an older post and using some Photoshop magic.
I have a few options moving ahead in the near term, and I’m trying to decide how best to proceed. What do you think?
- try to find some deleted files recovery software and see if I can get the files back
- re-create my templates (title image labels, logo artwork, etc.) as they look today
- create new branding images and update my look
What would you do in my situation?
No matter what I do, I’ve learned the lesson about file back ups. I’ll be implementing a backup plan no matter what I do with the branding.
In the meantime, I’m focusing on actually doing projects around Harmony Hills, rather than fussing about blogging.
Hope you’re having a great day, and hope you’re able to enjoy some springtime weather and get some dirt under your fingernails!
Until next time,
Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to get more tips and information about relaxing in your yard and garden.
Subscribe to my mailing list